The number one complaint when it comes to candidate experience.
This event is part of the “Let’s Talk Recruiting” series where a panel of recruiting practitioners get together online and have a conversation on a variety of topics related to corporate recruiting.
In today’s conversation…
The number one fear candidates have is falling into the resume black hole. When you have a large number of resumes that go unreviewed your company may be missing out on a lot of great candidates for open reqs now and reqs in the future.
With “time” being the most valuable resource recruiters have, our panel discuss ways to keep your unreviewed rate low.
Listen in and find out if you can get rid of your company’s resume black hole.
|Name & LinkedIn Profile||Group||Title||Company|
|Courtney Lewis||Recruiting Atlanta||Regional Recruiter & HR Generalist||Open To Work|
|Matthew Liptak||TA Leaders||Director, Talent Acquisition||Aura|
|Chiara Hughes||TA Leaders||Head of Corporate and Technical Recruiting||Carvana|
|Shawn Rackow||TA Leaders||Director, Global Talent Acquisition||GoHealth|
Some of the attendees…
|Name & LinkedIn Profile||Group||Title||Company|
|Kelly Esquivel||Recruiting Chicago||Sr. Recruiter||Avtex Solutions, LLC|
|Lisa Wrezel||Recruiting Chicago||Talent Acquisition Lead||Centric Consulting|
|Patrick Dillon||Recruiting Chicago||Manager, Corporate Recruiting and Talent (We're Hiring)||Strive Consulting, LLC|
|Sarah Schaefer||Recruiting Chicago||Senior Recruiter||Fresenius Kabi USA|
|Tricia Jones||Recruiting Chicago||Director Talent Acquisition||Carle Health System|
|Claudia Castaneda||Recruiting Chicago||Sr Talent Advisor||U.S. Cellular|
|Eli K.||Recruiting Chicago||Senior Talent Acquisition Partner||Unknown|
|Cindy McWilliams||Recruiting Chicago||Talent Manager||American College of Surgeons|
|Diane Karija||Recruiting Chicago||Senior Manager Talent Acquisition | Recruiter||Fresenius Kabi USA|
|Rachel Meyer||Recruiting Denver||CEO||Raystar Partners|
|Shelbi Davis||Recruiting Denver||Sr. Talent Advisor - Digital Services & Technology||Charles Schwab|
|Tim Strandberg||Recruiting Denver||Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist||Datavail|
|Vira Garcia||Recruiting Houston||Director of Recruiting||vcfo|
|Dawn Knight||Recruiting LA||Corporate Recruiter||Sit 'n Sleep|
|Lance Hunsicker||Recruiting LA||Executive Recruiter||Parsons Corporation|
|Mike Crosby||Recruiting LA||Talent Acquisition Partner||Age of Learning / ABCmouse.com|
|Sonia May||Recruiting LA||Manager, Talent Acquisition||Regal Medical Group|
|Zachary Eggers||Recruiting LA||Talent Acquisition Partner||AEG|
|Bez Rengifo||Recruiting LA||Sr. Manager / Director, People Services (HR Business Partner department)||Loma Linda University Health Care|
|Charles Carbajo||Recruiting LA||Talent Acquisition||Looking for Work|
|Denise Ward||Recruiting Minneapolis||Technical Recruiter||Wunderlich-Malec Engineering|
|Becky Gramenz||Recruiting Minneapolis||Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist||Looking for Work|
|Ahna Thorstenson||Recruiting NYC||Recruiter||Uber|
|Elaine Dewitt||Recruiting Phoenix||Contract Recruiter||HonorHealth|
|Brandy Burrows||Recruiting Phoenix||Recruitment Operations Manager||Medix Team|
|Rasheeda Grant||Recruiting Seattle||Recruiter||Amazon|
|Kimberly Hardy||Recruiting Seattle||Recruiting Manager||Amazon|
|Nicole McDaniel||Recruiting.Work||Talent Acquisition Partner 2||Huntington Ingalls Industries|
|JoDee Klinker||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Carson Group|
|Kathy King||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Confluent Health|
|Jason Crist||TA Leaders||Associate Director of Recruiting||Revature|
|Jay Barrow||TA Leaders||Head of Talent Acquisition||Southern States Cooperative|
|Javon Averett||TA Leaders||Director Of Recruiting||United Community Supports of Maryland|
|Glenn Murani||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Optima Global Solutions|
|Diane Mariuzza||TA Leaders||VP, Senior Recruiter||SitusAMC|
|Cecilia Peralta||TA Leaders||Director Talent Acquisition||MERGE World|
|Malia Jorgensen||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Nortal US|
|Brooke Wheeler||TA Leaders||Director Talent Acquisition||MerchantE|
|Cara Kuhn||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Wesley Enhanced Living|
We asked our attendees, “Do you have a way that you keep your ATS from becoming a black hole?”
Here are their answers:
- All candidates get a message on status of their application as the interviews progress.
- all recruiters review their assigned reqs and decline candidates
- Autoreply upon application managing expectations - u will only hear back once interested, or when req closed, another autoreply
- Build out email/text templates; engage from the start with a thank you for applying email and a followup or decline notification
- close it to new applications once you've determined you have enough applicants or you have found your person
- Constant auditing
- Dedicate the time to review each resume; hold people accountable for keeping the ATS up-to-date
- Disposition candidates immediately if they are not qualified.
- Follow up
- Grouping in Buckets.
- Just try to stay on top of resume review.
- looking for tips
- Manage the reqs and review candidates on a regular basis
- Monthly audits of sampling of candidate files
- Move every candidate thru the process - never leave an applicant without a reply
- ongoing battle!
- Reviewing all of them and creating candidate pools for yourself.
- Send Correspondence to each applicant before a position is fully closed
- set a calendar reminder to go through it regularly
- Tag strong candidates according to discipline
- Vetting through weekly
- Weekly clean up
- Yes, we have eliminated knock-out questions. It is important to review all applicants that formally apply.