Some ways that TA leaders can get their message across.
This event is part of the “Let’s Talk Recruiting” series where a panel of recruiting practitioners get together online and have a conversation on a variety of topics related to corporate recruiting.
In today’s conversation…
Getting to have direct conversations between Talent Acquisition leaders and CEOs isn’t a given. Today’s conversation will be around making the most of those conversations.
Our panel discusses how to get those conversations and some ways to manage them ongoing once you do.
Listen in and hear what our panelists discuss around having high-level business conversations with the business.
|Name & LinkedIn Profile||Group||Title||Company|
|Heather Sisson||Recruiting Dallas||Talent Acquisition Leader||Bottle Rocket|
|Gary Michael||Recruiting LA||Head of Talent Acquisition||Virgin Orbit|
|Bez Rengifo||Recruiting LA||Sr. Manager / Director, People Services (HR Business Partner department)||Loma Linda University Health Care|
Some of the attendees…
|Name & LinkedIn Profile||Group||Title||Company|
|Cindy Kelly||Recruiting Atlanta||Executive Director/ Search Consultant/ Coach||Genesis Professional Services|
|Jessica Marotta||Recruiting Boston||Principal, Talent Acquisition||Forrester|
|Stefanie Smith||Recruiting Boston||Recruiting Manager, Customer Solutions Group||New Relic|
|Mattie Coleman||Recruiting Chicago||Talent Acquisition Manager||Carle Health System|
|Barbara Fasth||Recruiting Chicago||Recruiting Manager||Menasha Packaging|
|Sarah Schaefer||Recruiting Chicago||Senior Recruiter||Fresenius Kabi USA|
|Brian Fehr||Recruiting Chicago||Sr. Recruiter||Aeris Communications|
|Herlinda Martinez||Recruiting Dallas||Regional Recruiter||Pacific Retirement Services|
|Antonia Ndi||Recruiting Dallas||Talent Acquisition Partner||Academic Partnerships|
|Allyson Leszman||Recruiting Denver||Talent Acquisition / Operations Transformation||Looking for Work|
|Rachel Meyer||Recruiting Denver||CEO||Raystar Partners|
|Jane Knaus||Recruiting LA||Affinity Fulfillment Leader- Sr. Technical Recruiter||Affinity|
|Monica Robinson||Recruiting LA||Diversity Talent Acquisition Partner||Tiktok|
|McKenzie Sutton||Recruiting LA||Talent Acquisition Consultant||Mammoth Distribution|
|Tony Abbate||Recruiting LA||Lead Corporate Recruiter||Guitar Center|
|Nicholas Steinberg||Recruiting LA||Talent Acquisition Specialist||Bluebeam|
|Sylvia Correa||Recruiting LA||Sr. Talen||Capital Group|
|Zachary Eggers||Recruiting LA||Talent Acquisition Partner||AEG|
|Mike Crosby||Recruiting LA||Talent Acquisition Partner||Age of Learning / ABCmouse.com|
|Cynthia Lopez||Recruiting LA||Sr. Regional Healthcare Recruiter||CVHCare|
|Katherine Amato||Recruiting LA||Senior Corporate Recruiter||Guitar Center|
|Becky Gramenz||Recruiting Minneapolis||Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist||Looking for Work|
|Ann Lillquist||Recruiting Minneapolis||Senior Talent Acquisition Recruiter||Smiths Medical|
|Robin Kohls||Recruiting Minneapolis||Talent Acquisition Recruiter||Cargill/Versique|
|Austin Davis||Recruiting Nashville||Corporate Recruiter||Bargain Hunt|
|Jeslyn Xie||Recruiting NYC||Talent Acquisition Specialist||CI Investments|
|Ahna Thorstenson||Recruiting NYC||Recruiter||Uber|
|Simone Epstein||Recruiting NYC||HR Manager||PX|
|Howard Lazarowitz||Recruiting NYC||Senior Corporate Recruiter - IT and Product||WebMD|
|Elaine Dewitt||Recruiting Phoenix||Contract Recruiter||HonorHealth|
|Pauline Crone||Recruiting Phoenix||Manager, Talent Acquisition||Choice Hotels International|
|Melissa Kolbe||Recruiting Portland||Sr Recruiter||Viewpoint|
|Kosal Derrick||Recruiting Seattle||Senior Recruiter||Exotic Metals Forming|
|Maria-Jane Jackson||Recruiting Seattle||Recruiter, North America / Recruteur, Amrique du Nord||Willis Towers Watson|
|Amy Shook||Recruiting Seattle||Senior Recruiter||RealSelf|
|Natalya McCool||Recruiting SFBA||Recruiter||Berkeley Lab|
|Melisa Medrano||Recruiting SFBA||Manager, Talent Acquisition||NGM Biopharmaceuticals|
|Guiti Nabavi||TA Leaders||Director, Diversity & University Recruiting||Hinge Health|
|Kara Wilson||TA Leaders||Recruiting Director||MorganFranklin Consulting|
|Lisa Trujillo||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Clear Capital|
|Michelle Sickles||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||IFM Restoration|
|Monica Parker||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition and Development||Helget Gas Products|
|Tim Mayer||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Kraus-Anderson Construction Company|
|Sandesh Sukumaran||TA Leaders||Head of Professional Services,||Accion Labs|
|Diane Mariuzza||TA Leaders||VP, Senior Recruiter||SitusAMC|
|Heidi Gorman||TA Leaders||Vice President Talent Acquisition||Florida Autism Center|
|Manisha Bavabhai||TA Leaders||Head of Recruiting||Hudson MX|
|Jan Zizzo||TA Leaders||Director Talent Acquisition||Charter Manufacturing|
|Dawn Losinger||TA Leaders||Head of Talent Acquisition||Precision BioSciences|
|Michel Deschapelles||TA Leaders||Head of Talent Acquisition & Contingent Workforce||Magic Leap|
|Nancee Martin||TA Leaders||Managing Director Corporate Recruiting||AvAirPros|
|Malia Jorgensen||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Nortal US|
|Karen DiGenova||TA Leaders||Global Head of Talent Acquisition||Columbia Sportswear Company|
|Kylee Piper||TA Leaders||Head of University Recruiting||Credit Karma|
|Nick Clagnaz||TA Leaders||Sr. Director, Talent Acquisition||Broadridge Financial Solutions|
|Ingrid Smith||TA Leaders||Director Global Talent Acquisition||Globalization Partners|
|Bix Cruz||TA Leaders||US Head of Recruiting, Airbus Urban Mobility (Vahana, UTM, Voom and Systems)||Airbus|
|Maria Harrigan||TA Leaders||Director, Talent Acquisition||POLITICO|
|Susan Ross||TA Leaders||Head of Talent Acquisition for Global Field Operations||Elastic|
We asked our attendees, “What ways have you found to be successful when speaking with CEO’s about recruiting?”
These were the answers they gave…
- Active listening skills, stay focused, agree on next steps
- Aligning hires with the bottom line!
- Always be open to having conversations with external high performers
- Ask questions about the future of the organization, goals and challenges
- Be clear, concise, plan ahead and make the conversation a good use of the CEO's time
- Be knowledgeable and familiar with the positions being discussed with the CEO.
- Be organized and direct
- Bringing with me as much statistical data as possible.
- Come in with proposed solutions to your questions and/or problems
- Coming prepared and having an agenda
- Communicate employer brand opportunities
- Competitive advantage
- Data - in ways they like to see it
- Data driven explanations on TA capacity
- Development with future leaders, staffing alignment with business strateguy
- Do discovery work/ask meaningful questions before trying to sell your services
- Do your homework
- Don't be afraid to show your expertise and educate the CEO
- Face to face conversations, researching questions that they may ask, asking others around how they deal with the CEO.
- Hard data
- Haven’t done this
- Having a clear agenda.
- having data to support the topic. Esp in regards to cost
- High level overview with data that speaks to ROI
- I am sure to research them via LinkedIn & Google to learn about them.
- I have not directly spoken to our CEO-it's more with directors. I find face to face works best for me
- Keep it high level but be prepared to discuss statistics and data points. Present best practices and solutions to challenges.
- Keeping it high-level, understanding competitive intelligence and the marketplace
- Keeping the conversation focused
- Most of my interaction is with the CTO. Succinct communication is key. You need to bullet points prior to meetings
- Not entirely sure..
- Passion about recruiting
- prove added value
- Providing the CEO with value proposition in candidate experience and make it relate to the company's overall strategy.
- reality of recruitment
- share how you can save dollars long term by investing in the right talent acq team
- Sharing with them they ways talent acquisition is aligned with the business strategy.
- Show data
- Speaking to them at their level.
- Statistics and Data
- succinct, data driven
- Talk about strategy
- Talking about how the overall goal of recruitment reflects with the organizational goals
- They like analytics so having those ready is good
- Thoughtful questions
- Understand the industry your ompany is a part of and the critical issues facing the industry.
- When possible, I like to lead with data.