Time is a wanted commodity in each recruiter’s day and recruiters typically don’t have enough of it. What are some things that TA teams need to be sure that don’t fall through the cracks.
Listen in on what our panelists have to say.
This event is part of the “Let’s Talk Recruiting” series where a panel of recruiting practitioners get together online and have a conversation on a variety of topics related to corporate recruiting.
|Name & LinkedIn Profile||Group||Title||Company|
|Annette Rushin||TA Leaders||Director, Recruiting||Dovel Technologies|
|Deb Smith||Recruiting Minneapolis||Talent Acquisition Senior Corporate Recruiter||Best Buy|
|Heather Malone||TA Leaders||Head of Talent Acquisition||EPIC Insurance Brokers & Consultants|
|William Uranga||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Spokeo|
Some of the attendees…
|Name & LinkedIn Profile||Group||Title||Company|
|Ryan Watson||Talent Acquisition Manager||Unknown|
|Chavi Singh||Recruiting Atlanta||Senior Technical Recruiter- Product & Engineering||RentPath|
|Barbara Marks||Recruiting Atlanta||Recruiting Manager (Contract)||Kimco Services, LLC|
|Stephanie Reese||Recruiting Atlanta||Senior Sales Recruiter||Apptio|
|Catherine Warrington||Recruiting Atlanta||Talent Acquisition Partner||Synovus|
|Katrina Acosta||Recruiting Atlanta||Talent Acquisition Manager||Hisense USA|
|Patrick Ward||Recruiting Boston||Talent Acquisition Partner||Halloran Consulting Group|
|James Cercone||Recruiting Boston||Lead Technical Recruiter||Everbridge|
|Elise Gebeili||Recruiting Boston||Human Resources Director||Triumvirate Environmental|
|Jessica Marotta||Recruiting Boston||Principal, Talent Acquisition||Forrester|
|Koli Donohue||Recruiting Chicago||Manager||Stillwater Architecture, LLC|
|Elizabeth Lollock||Recruiting Chicago||Regional Vice President, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner||Gallagher|
|Kelly McCarthy||Recruiting Chicago||Senior Corporate Recruiter on the Talent Acquisition team||Hu-Friedy Mfg. Co., LLC|
|Carey Carlson||Recruiting Chicago||Talent Acquisition Manager||Perspecta|
|Tracey Anderson||Recruiting Chicago||Executive Recruiter||Veolia North America|
|Sarah Schaefer||Recruiting Chicago||Senior Recruiter||Fresenius Kabi USA|
|Claudia Castaneda||Recruiting Chicago||Sr Talent Advisor||U.S. Cellular|
|Lisa Loerzel||Recruiting Chicago||Manager, Talent Acquisition||Corelle Brands|
|Barbara Fasth||Recruiting Chicago||Recruiting Manager||Menasha Packaging|
|Toni Sherman||Recruiting Dallas||Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant | Sr. Corporate Recruiter||Marsh & McLennan Companies|
|Heather Sisson||Recruiting Dallas||Talent Acquisition Leader||Bottle Rocket|
|Kris Saprano||Recruiting Denver||ED and ICU Recruiter||SCL Health|
|Vira Garcia||Recruiting Houston||Director of Recruiting||vcfo|
|Chelsea Boerstler||Recruiting Houston||Business Services Recruiting Manager||Norton Rose Fulbright|
|Bez Rengifo||Recruiting LA||Sr. Manager / Director, People Services (HR Business Partner department)||Loma Linda University Health Care|
|Lance Hunsicker||Recruiting LA||Executive Recruiter||Parsons Corporation|
|Tino Bui||Recruiting LA||Senior Talent Acquisition Partner||Meggitt|
|Jan Slack||Recruiting LA||Corporate Recruiting Manager||Unical Aviation|
|Mike Crosby||Recruiting LA||Talent Acquisition Partner||Age of Learning / ABCmouse.com|
|Cara Schaeffer||Recruiting LA||Recruiter||Tiktok|
|Bianca Medici||Recruiting LA||Talent Acquisition Manager||Havas Edge|
|Erica Cuthbertson||Recruiting Minneapolis||Corporate Recruiter||Agiliti|
|Ann Lillquist||Recruiting Minneapolis||Senior Talent Acquisition Recruiter||Smiths Medical|
|Denise Ward||Recruiting Minneapolis||Technical Recruiter||Wunderlich-Malec Engineering|
|Becky Gramenz||Recruiting Minneapolis||Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist||Looking for Work|
|Jess Houda||Recruiting Phoenix||Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist||GlobalTranz|
|Elaine Dewitt||Recruiting Phoenix||Contract Recruiter||HonorHealth|
|Dana Del Rio||Recruiting Phoenix||Senior Recruiter||Edward Jones|
|Brandy Burrows||Recruiting Phoenix||Recruitment Operations Manager||Medix Team|
|Jean Burton||Recruiting Seattle||Director of Recruiting||Eddie Bauer|
|Jenny Bastrom||Recruiting Seattle||Senior Recruiter / Sourcing Specialist||Washington State Department of Social and Health Services www.careers.wa.gov|
|Rasheeda Grant||Recruiting Seattle||Recruiter||Amazon|
|Annette Gregersen||Recruiting Seattle||Sr. Corporate Recruiter||T-Mobile|
|Joel Elmer||Recruiting Seattle||Manager, Talent Acquisition||Edwards Lifesciences|
|Amanda Carson||Recruiting SFBA||Senior Recruiter||Truebeck Construction|
|Glenn Murani||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Optima Global Solutions|
|Eve Lewis||TA Leaders||Global Inclusive Recruiting Director||Uber|
|Marti Pranger||TA Leaders||Director, Talent Acquisition||Empower Partnerships|
|Shelley Radford||TA Leaders||Vice President of Talent Acquisition||The Wonderful Company|
|Rachel Kraska||TA Leaders||Director, Talent Acquisition||ShopRunner|
|David Baker||TA Leaders||Sr. Director of Growth & Development/Brokerage Services||One Homecare Solutions|
|Dawn Losinger||TA Leaders||Head of Talent Acquisition||Precision BioSciences|
|Nancee Martin||TA Leaders||Managing Director Corporate Recruiting||AvAirPros|
|Jim McMillin||TA Leaders||Vice President of Talent Acquisition||Optum|
|Kevin Oram||TA Leaders||Director, Talent Acquisition Operations||DreamWorks Animation|
|Kreisler Ng||TA Leaders||Director, Talent Acquisition & Public Training Practice||cPrime|
|Vinay Velivela||TA Leaders||Vice President - Head of Global Operations/ Talent Acquisition/ Recruitment/ Staffing Services||Libsys|
|Rachel Cupples||TA Leaders||Director, Talent Strategy & Partnerships||Recruiter.com|
|Marnie Jarrett||TA Leaders||Director, Leadership Recruiting||USI Insurance Services|
|Amy Clem||TA Leaders||Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition||Chewy|
|Amy Phillips||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Golden Corral Corporation|
|Khursheed Irani||TA Leaders||Head of Talent Acquisition||cPrime|
|Kathy King||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Confluent Health|
|Jay Barrow||TA Leaders||Head of Talent Acquisition||Southern States Cooperative|
|Dan Cadigan||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||4G Clinical|
|JoDee Klinker||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Carson Group|
|Cindi Cooper||TA Leaders||National Recruiting Director||First Clearing|
|Monica Parker||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition and Development||Helget Gas Products|
|Kelly Colig||TA Leaders||Head of Talent Acquisition and HR Business Partner||Le Creuset|
|Chris Helvajian||TA Leaders||Associate Director, Admissons & Recruiting FEMBA Program||University of California, Irvine - The Paul Merage School of Business|
We asked our attendees, “What is one thing that you think recruiters keep forgetting to do?”
Here are their answers:
- Ask for referrals
- Ask for referrals and/or follow-up with hiring manager on how new hire is doing.
- be exciting
- candidate follow-up and communication
- Care for the Internal Recruitment Experience
- Circle back with candidates who rejected offers in the past to see if their circumstances have changed.
- Close out the campaigns attached to the role on the applicant tracking system
- Close the loop with candidates
- Closing the loop with candidates that are not selected for the job.
- Communicating the remaining steps and timeline to the candidate periodically throughout the process.
- consistently follow up with candidates
- data integrity
- Demonstrating their magic!
- Discuss challenges in a role in order to set realistic expectations
- Dispositioning applicants/candidates promptly, if at all
- Disqualify candidates
- focus on the long-term (balance, pipelining, cmopany growth, personal development)
- follow through
- Follow up with candidates
- Follow up with candidates
- Follow Up with Candidates
- Follow up with candidates after interview
- Follow up with candidates/candidate communication
- Follow-up with candidates whom they place
- Follow-up with your candidates, no matter where they sit in the process.
- Here to learn
- I try so hard not be a recruiter who does this, but it still happens sometimes: follow up when i say i'll follow up
- keep candidates warm
- Keep their eye on the competition.
- Lead with data
- look closer at internal candidates
- nurturing pipeline?
- Prepare the Applicant
- Provide Feedback
- Provide timely feedback to candidates during headcount uncertainty
- re-read their ads after they are live
- Reaching out for help
- Recruiting job is monotonous. Very often they get bore to routines.
- Reference Checks
- Regretting candidates
- Remaining proactive when times are slow
- Remembering that candidate experience in the midst of a pandemic is key.
- Respond to candidate inquiries & update applicant status
- Sadly, letting candidates know the outcome of the position they applied to.
- Setting aside daily 20-25 min for a breather break. Go for a walk around the building or your home these days.
- Substantiating candidate feedback with precise details
- Thanking those who provided insights and referrals
- To let hiring managers know all the effort behind the scenes so basically to market themselves.
- Track candidates effectively
- track disposition statuses accurately
- Tracking metrics & sharing wins
- Update the ATS
- Updating managers on a daily!
- Updating the ATS
- Updating the hiring manager!!
- weekly follow up with managers sharing metrics
- would like to hear the panel's thoughts