Stealing ideas from other professions for ours is always fun. What can TA leaders learn from coaches who are out there leading both young and old athletes?
Listen in on what our panelists have to say on how to start creating your team.
|Name & LinkedIn Profile||Group||Title||Company|
|Erik Winkler||TA Leaders||Senior Director of Recruiting||Everside Health|
|Koli Donohue||Senior Technical Recruiter||Stillwater Architecture, LLC|
|Kristina Droz||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Bluestone Properties|
|Mahen Kathirithamby||TA Leaders||Director, Head of Executive, Campus & Early Career Talent Acquisition||Xerox|
Looking for automated reference checking?
Be sure to check out our group sponsor.
Some of the attendees…
|Name & LinkedIn Profile||Group||Title||Company|
|Lance Hunsicker||Lead Executive Recruiter||Parsons Corporation|
|Nancy Genitempo||Associate, Talent Acquisition Operations||Open to Opportunity|
|Chaz Bantle||Recruiting Manager||Bulletproof 360|
|Tina Ramirez||Senior Recruiter||R.J. O'Brien & Associates|
|Shawn Watzka||Physician Recruiter||NorthShore University HealthSystem|
|Deb Smith||Principal Technical Recruiter||Best Buy|
|Brady Beavers||Recruiting Manager||Nexius|
|Eric Bormann||Senior Technical Recruiter||Zones|
|Delaina Piowaty||Senior Manager of Talent Aquisition||RWS Group|
|Tiffany Reyna||Talent Acquisition||Percepta|
|Jeffery Broussard||Senior Technical Recruiter||Redhorse Corporation|
|Krystan Silva||Senior Technical Recruiter||Amazon Web Services (AWS)|
|Sarah Schaefer||Staffing Manager||Fresenius Kabi USA|
|Dan Baker||Recruiting Manager||Healthstat|
|Becky Gramenz||Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist||Open to Opportunity|
|Rose Nolen||Talent Acquisition Sourcer||ManpowerGroup Talent Solutions|
|Amanda Radice||Senior Technical Recruiter, Design - Consumer + New Verticals||DoorDash|
|Jennifer McWilliams||Senior Principal Talent Acquisition Business Partner||Northrop Grumman|
|Jennifer Allen||Talent Acquisition, Central Operations Region||WestRock Company|
|Svitlana Sikora||SWE Leadership Sourcing Recruiter||Meta|
|Bianca Medici||Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition||Havas Edge|
|Sheridan King||Talent Acquisition Team Manager||RSM US LLP|
|Lisa Wrezel||Talent Acquistion Manager-Sourcing||Centric Consulting|
|Lauren Gagnon||Technical Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Partner||Veracode|
|Jessica Pasco||Recruiting LA||Sourcer - G&A||Internet Brands|
|Cheryl Ridgway||Recruiting Nashville||Vice President, Global Diversity Talent Sourcing - Executive Search||Charter|
|Roseanne Donohue||Recruiting NYC||Senior Talent Acquisition Manager, North America||Radware|
|Vira Trevino-Garcia||TA Leaders||Recruiting Consultant||Hexcel Corporation|
|Jessica Marotta||TA Leaders||Talent Acquisition Manager||Forrester|
|JoNelle Sood||TA Leaders||Talent Management Leader||Postman|
|Tom Graumann||TA Leaders||Talent Acquisition & Leadership Dev at ARC Automotive||PureCycle Technologies|
|Stephanie Olvera||TA Leaders||Director, Talent Acquisition||Intelliloan|
|Taylor Friesz||TA Leaders||Corporate Director of Talent Acquisition||Spire Hospitality|
|Jessica Burgess||TA Leaders||Director, Talent Acquisition-North America||WE Communications|
|Khursheed Irani||TA Leaders||Head of Talent Acquisition||Cprime, Inc|
|Jeanne Amey||TA Leaders||Talent Acquisition Manager||Sevita|
|Kevin Francis||TA Leaders||Director Talent Acquisition||Lark Health|
|JoDee Klinker||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Carson Group|
|Ryan Alexander||TA Leaders||Global Head of Talent Acquisition||TE Connectivity|
|Rachel Cupples||TA Leaders||Senior Recruiter||Textio|
|Amy Clem||TA Leaders||Principal Executive Recruiter||Paramount|
|Susan Ross||TA Leaders||Head of Talent Acquisition for Global Field Operations||Elastic|
|Bix Cruz||TA Leaders||US Head of Recruiting, Airbus Urban Mobility (Vahana, UTM, Voom and Systems)||Merlin Labs|
|Melissa Rutledge||TA Leaders||Talent Acquisition Director||Point B|
We asked our attendees, “What is one way that coaching can help a recruiting team be more effective?”
Here are their answers:
- All teams have room to grow. Keeping a team motivated keeps up productivity.
- anticipate what the will happen and prepare
- builds team effort and ethic
- By developing consistency of process.
- coaching around tactics and methodologies can always help improve a teams performance and motivate them to want to be better
- coaching can assist when a team has very difficult time sensitive goals to keep everyone motivated
- Coaching specifically to the person, knowing your audience
- Coaching your TA team to be better business partners. Develop strong business acumen, establish an operating cadence.
- Communicate goals
- Continuing to foster a "growth mindset" within the team
- Developing new recruiters
- early talent really appreciates coaching 1 on 1 sessions
- Empathy - you've been in their shoes and understand what success looks like. Even spinning negative experiences.
- encouragement/seeing potential in them
- focus on the goal
- guidance and communication so we are all on the same page
- Having a system/process
- Help motivate a team to succeed in accomplishing its targets..
- Helps them find their blind spots and put a plan in place for next steps.
- Highlight individual's strengths and put them in the right role accordingly
- Identify weaknesses and strengths of the team
- Improve results
- Instill a teamwork environment, help each other out with the tough to fill reqs. Celebrate the wins!
- It can help them see their current challenges With renewed perspective
- It gives the team members comfort in asking any and all questions.
- It’s helps the team feel united in their efforts through sharing of ideas and also helps them understand new tactics are real
- motivation, teamwork
- Motivational tactics, communication skills and driving competition within a team.
- Never give up!
- Provide on the spot coaching
- Providing 1:1 help to recruiters
- Providing honest and transparent feedback to candidates
- sitting with recruiters live and giving them feedback
- Teach fundamentals
- Team player attitude!
- think outside the box
- Work smarter, not harder