Stealing ideas from other professions for ours is always fun. What can TA leaders learn from coaches who are out there leading both young and old athletes?
Listen in on what our panelists have to say on how to start creating your team.
|Name & LinkedIn Profile||Group||Title||Company|
|Erik Winkler||TA Leaders||Director of Recruiting||Healthstat|
|Koli Donohue||Recruiting Chicago||Manager||Stillwater Architecture, LLC|
|Kristina Droz||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Bluestone Properties|
|Mahen Kathirithamby||TA Leaders||Director Of Recruiting||Looking for Work|
Looking for automated reference checking?
Be sure to check out our group sponsor.
Some of the attendees…
|Name & LinkedIn Profile||Group||Title||Company|
|Dan Baker||Recruiting Atlanta||Senior Corporate Recruiter||Healthstat|
|Ryan Alexander||Recruiting Atlanta||Sr Director Global Talent Acquisition||Honeywell|
|Robin Guidry||Recruiting Boston||Manager, Talent Acquisition||Acquia|
|Jessica Marotta||Recruiting Boston||Principal, Talent Acquisition||Forrester|
|Lauren Gagnon||Recruiting Boston||Technical Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Partner||Veracode|
|Eric Bormann||Recruiting Chicago||Senior Technical Recruiter||Zones, LLC|
|Sarah Schaefer||Recruiting Chicago||Senior Recruiter||Fresenius Kabi USA|
|Lisa Wrezel||Recruiting Chicago||Talent Acquisition Lead||Centric Consulting|
|Shawn Watzka||Recruiting Chicago||Senior Recruiter||Inpatient Psych Solutions|
|Tina Ramirez||Recruiting Chicago||Senior Recruiter||R.J. O'Brien & Associates|
|Brady Beavers||Recruiting Dallas||Recruiting Manager||Nexius|
|Sheridan King||Recruiting DCBmore||Talent Acquisition Manager||RSM|
|Krystan Silva||Recruiting DCBmore||Talent Acquisition Manager||Looking for Work|
|Delaina Silva||Recruiting Denver||Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant||SDL plc|
|Jennifer Allen||Recruiting Houston||Lead Recruiter||Enterprise Products|
|Vira Garcia||Recruiting Houston||Director of Recruiting||vcfo|
|Nancy Genitempo||Recruiting Houston||Associate, Talent Acquisition Operations||Looking for Work|
|Rose Nolen||Recruiting Houston||Election Judge, HR Corporate Recruitment||Harris County Clerk|
|Tiffany Reyna||Recruiting Houston||Talent Acquisition||Percepta|
|Jessica Pasco||Recruiting LA||Lead Recruiter||Internet Brands|
|Bianca Medici||Recruiting LA||Talent Acquisition Manager||Havas Edge|
|Lance Hunsicker||Recruiting LA||Executive Recruiter||Parsons Corporation|
|Jeffery Broussard||Recruiting LA||Senior Technical Recruiter||Redhorse Corporation|
|Bez Rengifo||Recruiting LA||Sr. Manager / Director, People Services (HR Business Partner department)||Loma Linda University Health Care|
|Becky Gramenz||Recruiting Minneapolis||Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist||Looking for Work|
|Deb Smith||Recruiting Minneapolis||Talent Acquisition Senior Corporate Recruiter||Best Buy|
|Cheryl Ridgway||Recruiting Nashville||Senior Recruiter||Charter|
|Roseanne Donohue||Recruiting NYC||Senior Talent Acquisition Manager, North America||Radware|
|Jennifer McWilliams||Recruiting Phoenix||Senior Principal Talent Acquisition Business Partner||Northrop Grumman|
|Amanda Radice||Recruiting Portland||Technical Recruiter||SurveyMonkey|
|Chaz Bantle||Recruiting Seattle||Senior Recruiter||Bulletproof 360|
|Jessica Burgess||Recruiting Seattle||Director, Talent Acquisition||Zones|
|Svitlana Sikora||Recruiting SFBA||SWE Leadership Sourcing Recruiter|
|Bix Cruz||TA Leaders||US Head of Recruiting, Airbus Urban Mobility (Vahana, UTM, Voom and Systems)||Airbus|
|Rachel Cupples||TA Leaders||Director, Talent Strategy & Partnerships||Recruiter.com|
|JoDee Klinker||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Carson Group|
|Melissa Rutledge||TA Leaders||Talent Acquisition Director||Point B|
|Amy Clem||TA Leaders||Director, Talent Acquisition - National Geographic Partners||Fox|
|JoNelle Sood||TA Leaders||Founder and President||Ho'omau Foundation|
|Tom Graumann||TA Leaders||Talent Acquisition & Leadership Dev at ARC Automotive||Connecting opportunity and talent w/ the best inflator maker|
|Stephanie Olvera||TA Leaders||Director, Talent Acquisition||Think Together|
|Taylor Friesz||TA Leaders||Corporate Director of Talent Acquisition||Spire Hospitality|
|Khursheed Irani||TA Leaders||Head of Talent Acquisition||cPrime|
|Susan Ross||TA Leaders||TA Leader||Elastic|
|Kevin Francis||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Lark Technologies|
|Jeanne Amey||TA Leaders||Director, Talent Acquisition||Open To Work|
We asked our attendees, “What is one way that coaching can help a recruiting team be more effective?”
Here are their answers:
- All teams have room to grow. Keeping a team motivated keeps up productivity.
- anticipate what the will happen and prepare
- builds team effort and ethic
- By developing consistency of process.
- coaching around tactics and methodologies can always help improve a teams performance and motivate them to want to be better
- coaching can assist when a team has very difficult time sensitive goals to keep everyone motivated
- Coaching specifically to the person, knowing your audience
- Coaching your TA team to be better business partners. Develop strong business acumen, establish an operating cadence.
- Communicate goals
- Continuing to foster a "growth mindset" within the team
- Developing new recruiters
- early talent really appreciates coaching 1 on 1 sessions
- Empathy - you've been in their shoes and understand what success looks like. Even spinning negative experiences.
- encouragement/seeing potential in them
- focus on the goal
- guidance and communication so we are all on the same page
- Having a system/process
- Help motivate a team to succeed in accomplishing its targets..
- Helps them find their blind spots and put a plan in place for next steps.
- Highlight individual's strengths and put them in the right role accordingly
- Identify weaknesses and strengths of the team
- Improve results
- Instill a teamwork environment, help each other out with the tough to fill reqs. Celebrate the wins!
- It can help them see their current challenges With renewed perspective
- It gives the team members comfort in asking any and all questions.
- It’s helps the team feel united in their efforts through sharing of ideas and also helps them understand new tactics are real
- motivation, teamwork
- Motivational tactics, communication skills and driving competition within a team.
- Never give up!
- Provide on the spot coaching
- Providing 1:1 help to recruiters
- Providing honest and transparent feedback to candidates
- sitting with recruiters live and giving them feedback
- Teach fundamentals
- Team player attitude!
- think outside the box
- Work smarter, not harder