Most Talent Acquisition professionals fell into recruiting in one way or another. Now that we are here, what are some career steps that we can take to grow?
Listen in on what our panelists have to say.
|Name & LinkedIn Profile||Group||Title||Company|
|Annette Rushin||TA Leaders||Director, Recruiting||Dovel Technologies|
|Dave Quinn||TA Leaders||Executive Director, Recruiting||CME Group|
|Elizabeth Lollock||Recruiting Chicago||Regional Vice President, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner||Gallagher|
|JoNelle Sood||TA Leaders||Founder and President||Ho'omau Foundation|
|Susan Ross||TA Leaders||Head of Talent Acquisition for Global Field Operations||Elastic|
Some of the attendees…
|Name & LinkedIn Profile||Group||Title||Company|
|Scott Hollingsworth||Recruiting Atlanta||Senior Corporate Recruiter||Floor & Decor|
|Mariam Malik||Recruiting Atlanta||Senior Talent Acquisition Partner||Vonage|
|Candace B.||Recruiting Atlanta||Sr. Corporate Recruiter||EIS|
|Catherine Warrington||Recruiting Atlanta||Talent Acquisition Partner||Synovus|
|Taylor Mitchell||Recruiting Atlanta||Recruiter||Amazon|
|Chavi Singh||Recruiting Atlanta||Senior Technical Recruiter- Product & Engineering||RentPath|
|Patrick Ward||Recruiting Boston||Talent Acquisition Partner||Halloran Consulting Group|
|Suzan McCarty||Recruiting Boston||Talent Acquisition | Recruiter||Amedisys|
|Christine Williams||Recruiting Boston||Recruiter||Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston|
|Vaishali Pokharkar||Recruiting Chicago||Senior Technical Recruiter||Nielsen|
|Tom Thongprasert||Recruiting Chicago||Manager, Executive Recruiting||Allstate Insurance|
|Lisa Loerzel||Recruiting Chicago||Manager, Talent Acquisition||Corelle Brands|
|Kelly McCarthy||Recruiting Chicago||Senior Corporate Recruiter on the Talent Acquisition team||Hu-Friedy Mfg. Co., LLC|
|Sarah Schaefer||Recruiting Chicago||Senior Recruiter||Fresenius Kabi USA|
|Stef Nikitas||Recruiting Chicago||Corporate Talent Acquisition Partner||Ace Hardware Corporation|
|Barbara Fasth||Recruiting Chicago||Recruiting Manager||Menasha Packaging|
|Heather Sisson||Recruiting Dallas||Talent Acquisition Leader||Bottle Rocket|
|Christine Drelling||Recruiting DCBmore||Global Team Lead - Technical Recruiting||Sitecore|
|Joe Sorrow||Recruiting Denver||Talent Acquisition Partner||FullContact|
|Juanita Romero||Recruiting Denver||Recruiter||Ibotta|
|Timothy Perry||Recruiting Denver||Military Recruiting Expert||Accenture|
|Delaina Silva||Recruiting Denver||Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant||SDL plc|
|Kris Saprano||Recruiting Denver||ED and ICU Recruiter||SCL Health|
|Chelsea Boerstler||Recruiting Houston||Business Services Recruiting Manager||Norton Rose Fulbright|
|Vira Garcia||Recruiting Houston||Director of Recruiting||vcfo|
|Jan Slack||Recruiting LA||Corporate Recruiting Manager||Unical Aviation|
|Bez Rengifo||Recruiting LA||Sr. Manager / Director, People Services (HR Business Partner department)||Loma Linda University Health Care|
|Charles Carbajo||Recruiting LA||Talent Acquisition||Looking for Work|
|Simone Press||Recruiting LA||Whip Media Group||Whip Media Group|
|Becky Gramenz||Recruiting Minneapolis||Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist||Looking for Work|
|Denise Ward||Recruiting Minneapolis||Technical Recruiter||Wunderlich-Malec Engineering|
|Lia Kosmicki||Recruiting Minneapolis||Regional Recruiter||Agiliti|
|Janelle Mofsenson||Recruiting NYC||Talent Acquisition Coordinator||Invesco Ltd.|
|Krish Acharya||Recruiting NYC||Technical Talent Acquisition Specialist||Wiley|
|Roseanne Donohue||Recruiting NYC||Senior Talent Acquisition Manager, North America||Radware|
|Shani Phillip||Recruiting NYC||Talent Acquisition Specialist||Intercontinental Exchange|
|Alexa Montane||Recruiting NYC||Talent Acquisition Partner||Realogy Holdings Corp.|
|Elaine Dewitt||Recruiting Phoenix||Contract Recruiter||HonorHealth|
|Brandy Burrows||Recruiting Phoenix||Recruitment Operations Manager||Medix Team|
|Diana Pontos||Recruiting Seattle||Technical Recruiter||Amazon|
|Rasheeda Grant||Recruiting Seattle||Recruiter||Amazon|
|Griselda Dominguez||Recruiting SFBA||Sr. Technical Recruiter||Apple|
|Melisa Medrano||Recruiting SFBA||Manager, Talent Acquisition||NGM Biopharmaceuticals|
|Ashlee Jones||Recruiting The Triangle||Recruiter||Nutanix|
|Vinay Velivela||TA Leaders||Vice President - Head of Global Operations/ Talent Acquisition/ Recruitment/ Staffing Services||Libsys|
|Kevin Oram||TA Leaders||Director, Talent Acquisition Operations||DreamWorks Animation|
|Nancee Martin||TA Leaders||Managing Director Corporate Recruiting||AvAirPros|
|Jennifer Klebba||TA Leaders||Manager of Talent Acquisition||Modern Hire|
|Javon Averett||TA Leaders||Director Of Recruiting||United Community Supports of Maryland|
|Kevin Francis||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Lark Technologies|
|Jim McMillin||TA Leaders||Vice President of Talent Acquisition||Optum|
|Dawn Losinger||TA Leaders||Head of Talent Acquisition||Precision BioSciences|
|Jay Barrow||TA Leaders||Head of Talent Acquisition||Southern States Cooperative|
|Kreisler Ng||TA Leaders||Director, Talent Acquisition & Public Training Practice||cPrime|
|George Kinchen||TA Leaders||Director of Recruiting and Human Resources||Barquin International|
|Mahen Kathirithamby||TA Leaders||Director Of Recruiting||Looking for Work|
|Jay Pathak||TA Leaders||Vice President, Technology Recruiting||BNY Mellon|
|David Baker||TA Leaders||Sr. Director of Growth & Development/Brokerage Services||One Homecare Solutions|
|Suzanne Harvey||TA Leaders||Talent Acquisition Operations Director||JLL|
|Khursheed Irani||TA Leaders||Head of Talent Acquisition||cPrime|
|Delta Stein||TA Leaders||Director, Talent Acquisition||Frontier Technology|
|Amanda Radice||TA Leaders||Technical Recruiter||SurveyMonkey|
|Perry Pascasio||TA Leaders||Director, Talent Acquisition||Catalent Pharma Solutions|
|Bill Fowles||TA Leaders||Global Head of Talent Acquisition||SilverSky|
|JoDee Klinker||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Carson Group|
|Bennett Yang||TA Leaders||Director Talent Acquisition||SoundHound|
|Chris Helvajian||TA Leaders||Associate Director, Admissons & Recruiting FEMBA Program||University of California, Irvine - The Paul Merage School of Business|
We asked our attendees, “Do you have a recommendation on how to get promoted in corporate recruiting?”
Here are their answers:
- accountability and follow through
- Add unique value, e.g. fill a lot of reqs, or a few difficult reqs
- Be a resource to the hiring manager and the recruiting team you work with
- Be adaptable, understand overall company needs and help get them there. Be open to new projects and stretch assignments.
- be willing to help in multiple areas and raise your hand!
- become the value add employee
- Being with a team that allows you to do that.
- Bringing something new to the table -- ensuring that you're thinking big about solving problems and building impactful programs.
- By contributing to meaningful project work
- Confidently educating hiring managers
- Cross functional assignments and TA related projects - exposure to other HR/Business Leaders.
- Data Data Data!
- Develop sourcing skills / develop rapport with HM's
- Ensure you have access/ visibility with leadership
- Expand on areas of expertise
- Get involved in the areas you are interested in. Ask your team/manager for suggestions/guidance.
- Getting embedded in the corporate culture of your organization and representing it as-is with candidates is an earnest practice
- Great follow up and inter personal skills
- Have a mentor
- Haven't worked in corporate recruiting and hence curious to attend this webinar
- Here to learn!
- Hone advisory & consultative skills
- Increase your knowlege and expertise of organization structure and senior level roles & understanding of corp goals
- Inquire if you are on the right track, and if not, how you can correct yourself to move forward.
- Keep your network strong and never underestimate anyone
- Making sure you're visible on projects and that you're crushing your quotas.
- Proactively help others and ask for help faster
- Recruiting Certifications
- Remember your hiring managers are your clients
- Remembering that this is a client-facing role, albeit internal.
- Show results with data
- Soft skills play more important role
- Take every opportunity to learn and be involved in project work
- track the progression of your recruits AFTER hire. You can better quantify your value
- Transparency with your manager about your goals and how you can get there!
- Volunteer for stretch assignments and establish strong partnerships inside and outside of TA.
- When your hiring managers feel like they are your 'only customer', they'll promote your value which will lead to promotions
- Which one is the best? staying long and climbing higher roles with in the organization or change organizations frequently.
- Wondering the same thing.
- Work smarter to help company grow, you will grow automatically