Many TA teams measure their success by the amount of noise coming from the hiring managers. If silence equals happiness, what are some ways that teams can get there?
Listen in on what our panelists have to say.
|Name & LinkedIn Profile||Group||Title||Company|
|Jessica Marotta||Recruiting Boston||Principal, Talent Acquisition||Forrester|
|Mike Crosby||Recruiting LA||Talent Acquisition Partner||Age of Learning / ABCmouse.com|
|Steven Rosenblum||Recruiting Chicago||Talent Acquisition and HR Operations Leader||Level 5 Partners|
|Tom Longstreth||TA Leaders||Senior Director, Talent Acquisition||Roche|
Some of the attendees…
|Name & LinkedIn Profile||Group||Title||Company|
|Dan Baker||Recruiting Atlanta||Senior Corporate Recruiter||Healthstat|
|Robin Guidry||Recruiting Boston||Manager, Talent Acquisition||Acquia|
|Claudia Castaneda||Recruiting Chicago||Sr Talent Advisor||U.S. Cellular|
|Andreia Cardoso||Recruiting Chicago||HR Administrator||Fresenius Kabi|
|Sarah Schaefer||Recruiting Chicago||Senior Recruiter||Fresenius Kabi USA|
|Katie Stevens||Recruiting Chicago||Talent Acquisition Leader||GE Healthcare|
|Maria Smithson||Recruiting Chicago||Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist||Faithlife|
|Lisa Wrezel||Recruiting Chicago||Talent Acquisition Lead||Centric Consulting|
|Sarah Moore||Recruiting Chicago||Talent Acquisition Recruiter / Partner||NorthShore University HealthSystem|
|Herlinda Martinez||Recruiting Dallas||Regional Recruiter||Pacific Retirement Services|
|Antonia Ndi||Recruiting Dallas||Talent Acquisition Partner||Academic Partnerships|
|Shelbi Davis||Recruiting Denver||Sr. Talent Advisor - Digital Services & Technology||Charles Schwab|
|Laura Pawlak||Recruiting Denver||Talent Acquisition Specialist||Medtronic|
|leah herzog||Recruiting Denver||Recruiter||Spectrum|
|Kris Saprano||Recruiting Denver||ED and ICU Recruiter||SCL Health|
|Nancy Genitempo||Recruiting Houston||Associate, Talent Acquisition Operations||Looking for Work|
|Vira Garcia||Recruiting Houston||Director of Recruiting||vcfo|
|Preston Peery||Recruiting Houston||Recruiting Manager||Patterson-UTI|
|Tiffany Reyna||Recruiting Houston||Talent Acquisition||Percepta|
|Naveed Agha||Recruiting Houston||Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager, North America||BAKER HUGHES|
|Kathleen Gutierrez||Recruiting Houston||Talent Advisor, Sr. Recruiter||Gilead Sciences|
|Christine Doane||Recruiting LA||Director, TA||On the market|
|Melissa Willis||Recruiting LA||Talent Acquisition Project Manager||Allstate|
|Jane Knaus||Recruiting LA||Affinity Fulfillment Leader- Sr. Technical Recruiter||Affinity|
|Gillian Diamond||Recruiting LA||Senior Manager Talent Acquisition||Entertainment Partners|
|Nicholas Steinberg||Recruiting LA||Talent Acquisition Specialist||Bluebeam|
|Manny Sanchez||Recruiting LA||Vice President Talent Acquisition||AmeriHome Mortgage Company, LLC|
|Denise Ward||Recruiting Minneapolis||Technical Recruiter||Wunderlich-Malec Engineering|
|Johannah Saari||Recruiting Minneapolis||Corporate Recruiter||ABILITY Network|
|Becky Gramenz||Recruiting Minneapolis||Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist||Looking for Work|
|Elise Holmes||Recruiting Nashville||Corporate Talent Manager||Insight|
|Jennifer McWilliams||Recruiting Phoenix||Senior Principal Talent Acquisition Business Partner||Northrop Grumman|
|Betty Zabs||Recruiting Phoenix||Senior Corporate Recruiter||Nordstrom|
|Nancie Meeks||Recruiting Phoenix||Senior Corporate Recruiter||Insight Enterprises, Inc.|
|Dana Del Rio||Recruiting Phoenix||Senior Recruiter||Edward Jones|
|Richard Shoff||Recruiting Seattle||Senior Recruiter||Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation|
|Twyla Hatchett||Recruiting Seattle||Lead Talent Acquisition Partner||Darigold|
|Beth Kester-Warner||Recruiting Seattle||Global Manager, Recruiting & Sourcing||ExtraHop|
|Maureen Daly||Recruiting Seattle||Talent Acuuisition Consultant||Rose International|
|Natalya McCool||Recruiting SFBA||Recruiter||Berkeley Lab|
|Melisa Medrano||Recruiting SFBA||Manager, Talent Acquisition||NGM Biopharmaceuticals|
|Juston Willis||Recruiting SFBA||Lead Corporate Recruiter | SaaS/PaaS solutions | Committed to diversity & inclusion | Xray||Unknown|
|Gloria Cpsp||Recruiting SFBA||Leadership Recruiter, HCA Far West Division San Jose Market||HCA|
|Nicole McDaniel||Recruiting.Work||Talent Acquisition Partner 2||Huntington Ingalls Industries|
|Tom Graumann||TA Leaders||Talent Acquisition & Leadership Dev at ARC Automotive||Connecting opportunity and talent w/ the best inflator maker|
|Melissa Rutledge||TA Leaders||Talent Acquisition Director||Point B|
|Chawn Jackson||TA Leaders||Senior Director, Talent Acquisition||AvalonBay Communities|
|Jeanne Amey||TA Leaders||Vice President Talent Acquisition||PennyMac Loan Services, LLC|
|Glenn Murani||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Optima Global Solutions|
|Maria Perry||TA Leaders||Director, Talent Acquisition||Mark Spain Real Estate|
|Antonio Fiorentino||TA Leaders||Vice President Talent Acquisition||Valet Living|
|Shelley Radford||TA Leaders||Vice President of Talent Acquisition||The Wonderful Company|
|Kreisler Ng||TA Leaders||Director, Talent Acquisition & Public Training Practice||cPrime|
|Silke Olsen||TA Leaders||Recruiting Associate Director||Moss Adams|
|Natalie Nowak||TA Leaders||Director Of Recruiting||Barkley|
|Khursheed Irani||TA Leaders||Head of Talent Acquisition||cPrime|
|Kathy King||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Confluent Health|
|Nadia McKinney||TA Leaders||Sr. Director, Talent Acquisition & Development||PROS|
|Kevin Francis||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Lark Technologies|
|Jessica Wall||TA Leaders||Associate Director, Talent Acquisition: Recruitment and Supplier Relationships||SAGE Therapeutics|
|Morgan Price||TA Leaders||Senior Vice President, Recruiting and Talent Acquisition||Allied Universal|
We asked our attendees, “What is one way that you recommend to quite the noise coming from hiring managers?”
Here are their answers:
- Anticipating the needs of the managers.
- Asking them to help source
- Be responsive
- Check in with updates before they check in with you
- Communicate on a regular basis.
- Communicate regularly and set times for communication.
- Communication with the Manager
- Educate them on current market conditions and challenges attracting specific talent. Know what competitors are offering.
- Educate them that purple squirrels aren't real 🙂
- Education on Process and SLAs
- Ensure they are receiving weekly updates at a minimum
- establish when they will hear regular updates from you and also schedule re-group meetings (weekly or bi-weekly for example)
- Explain Quality over Quantity and share for every one person we send to them, we have talked to 3-5 more and narrowed them down
- Find them quality Candidates
- Frequent communication and updates
- Get ahead of hiring needs. Sit in with executive teams.
- Get to know them outside of work
- Good communication and send reports on positions status
- Have documented processes with strategic touch points/updates built into proceess
- Have regular feedback sessions from hiring managers
- I don't think that silence equals equals happiness. I think that silence means that TA and the business aren't communicating.
- Keep in contact
- Keep them updated
- Listen and bring market data on talent
- Listen to what the noise is and find a solution
- Listening. Understand the problem from the business. Synthesize that data with team and design a strategy to win confidence back
- Make sure that you bring value - i.e. market insight, etc.
- Make sure they have resources available to them
- Meet with them - what’s causing the “noise” ensure you are visible and taking feedback in
- Metrics and Communication
- More frequent updates
- No surprises! Overcommunicate, and as always under promise and over deliver.
- Outline communication cadence from the beginning
- Over Communicate
- Presenting good candidates but evaluating them well before submitting resumes
- Proactive communication
- Proactive Updates
- provide data
- Regular communication on the status of Reqs as well partnering with the Manager on recruiting challenges.
- regular meeting with HMs
- rely on data, internal business intelligence
- Req status calls - weekly - 10-15 min. Give status updates to HM and request feedback. Quick, short, to the point.
- Schedule weekly meetings
- Set clear expectations on the process up front, have regular check-ins so they can have a voice, shared accountabilty, etc.
- Set proper expectations
- set up an intake meeting with them to discuss the jobs
- Set up weekly calls with HM's - that way, it's limited noise
- set up weekly checkins
- Start with an intake meeting and ask them how they want to work/communicate/frequency of check-ins
- Tell the story with Data, show them numbers to understand the recruiting lifecycle
- Transparency on all activities in real-time.
- Understand their expectations.
- Understand what data/information they are most interested in and provide routine updates on status/efforts.
- Weekly updates
- Weekly/Bi-weekly meeting to discuss updates