Your C suite may have expectations of your recruiting team that just can’t be lived up to. Our round-table discusses what are some of the ways that TA Leaders can manage those expectations?
Listen in on what our panelists have to say.
This event is part of the “Let’s Talk Recruiting” series where a panel of recruiting practitioners get together online and have a conversation on a variety of topics related to corporate recruiting.
|Name & LinkedIn Profile||Group||Title||Company|
|Holly Strople||Recruiting Houston||Talent Acquisition Lead||BP|
|Matthew Liptak||TA Leaders||Director, Talent Acquisition||Aura|
|Stacey Richey||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Corvus Insurance|
|Tony Pottle||Recruiting Dallas||Talent Acquisition||Interos|
Looking for automated reference checking?
Be sure to check out our group sponsor.
We asked our attendees, “What is one way that you use to manage C Level expectations?”
Here are their answers:
- a lot of communication from beginning to end and data
- A lot of data
- Be succinct and clear
- Benchmarking KPI's against industry standard
- Build trusting relationships with them. You are the expert.
- Calendar everything out in the beginning and give frequent updates
- Clear and consistent communication
- Communicate and address issues immediately
- Communication - transparency
- Communication and Market Knowledge
- Company business goals year, quarterly and discussion on how that looks like.
- Consistent Communication
- Consistent Communication and documentation
- Constant communication and follow up.
- Dashboards (if I did)
- Data data data 🙂
- Data insights and Benchmarking
- data, data, and more data
- Data, data, data
- Data/ Analytics
- Deliver C-level results.
- Discuss their timeline to hire and our time to hire and discuss any gaps up front
- Discussing the candidate pool based on their parameters: location, comp, skills, area of expertise, etc.
- education about the hiring process and candidate expectations
- education them on current market conditions
- Ensuring skills align with base pay to be market competitive
- Following up spreadsheets with metrics with in-person meetings
- Frequent and honest communication, thoroughly understanding their expectations
- frequent comms.
- Have them get to know people within the organization
- I interact with the President daily. I manage his expectations w/ the power of suggestion and relating TA to sales (his passion)
- industry knowledge, constant communication,setting expectations
- Interested in learning more from the group on this topic
- Keeping numbers handy will helps to show realty
- Listen. Ask what their expectations are and keep the updated on the results of your hiring efforts. Stay closely aligned.
- Make sure they understand how our recruiting process works and why.
- Market Intelligence
- Market Research / Industry Analytics
- Mentor & Advocate
- Metrics. Comparison of the internal world vs. external
- Needs discussion followed by talent analytics and regular check ins
- negotiation, trade-off discussions
- Open communication
- over communication in writing and weekly calls
- Overcommunication via reports and meetings
- Present timeline
- Proactive communication, report on progress before being asked
- Proactively share metrics and stats
- Provide market data
- quarterly dashboards / monthly check ins
- Send reports showing historical data on time to fill per dept.
- set and manage expectations
- Set clear SLAs
- Set expectations backed with data
- Share data to support your points
- sharing analytics
- Sharing data and frequent communication on different challenges, recommendations, and campaigns.
- targeted communication
- through consistent communication
- Using data to influence and reinforce TA-related proposals
- We have a weekly Monday morning meeting
- Weekly meetings discussing progress/pending candidates
- Weekly meetings to report status of open positions
Chat Messages from the Session…
10:02:49//From Steven Green : Greetings from Kansas City!
10:02:51//From Tracey Dimof : Thanks Sean!
10:04:31//From Sean Rehder : Feel free to add any comments or questions here in the Chat area
Make sure as an attendee, if you message something in the Chat area that you select “All Panelists and Attendees.”
The default is just to Panelists but I want everyone to see the messages coming through.
10:08:14//From Corinne Shalvoy : this is great insight! How would you account for attrition in that forecasting?
10:08:46//From Steven Green : Stacey, where does talent review and turnover by business line influence hiring plan prioritization?
10:10:51//From Catherine Hansen : Stacey, what tools / technology (ATS, Excel, etc) do you use to deliver the hiring plan and recruiter capacity model?
10:11:25//From Catherine Hansen : Stacey, what kinds of employees are considered “revenue generating”?
10:21:45//From Steven Green : Good point on informed and credible education effort vs. playing victim role of being under-resourced to meet goals otherwise.
10:23:37//From Steven Green : Great questions from Tony. For market intelligence (either from known markets or prospective markets) is there suggestion on effective tools to use?
10:24:36//From Corinne Shalvoy : how do you all stay in line with market pay?
10:24:58//From Matthew Liptak : constant comp analysis
10:25:07//From Holly Strople : Glassdoor is fantastic for market pay
10:25:19//From Corinne Shalvoy : tools? Thanks Holly!
10:25:24//From Matthew Liptak : we probably do a Radford analysis every few months
10:25:34//From Holly Strople : Gartner also does fantastic reporting annually on pay
10:25:44//From Holly Strople : also Deloitte
10:26:01//From Corinne Shalvoy : ty!!
10:28:48//From Catherine Hansen : We use Compensia for market rates in the Silicon Valley and Austin areas
10:30:41//From Tamara Garlett : TRUTH
10:37:14//From Tamara Garlett : Thank you for the great information and discussion today, Sean and panel!
10:40:21//From Steven Green : Has the pandemic and remote working environment created challenges for service delivery and expectations. Ex: How is contact management and engagement from recruiters to preserve positive candidate experience and hiring manager experience?
10:42:36//From Matthew Liptak : I don’t feel like remote has created challenges, more like new advantages to outline a new creative proceess
10:43:13//From Catherine Hansen : “People, process, and technology” is the Deloitte approach to a new consulting project
10:43:17//From Catherine Hansen : (Per my boss)
10:43:24//From Steven Green : Thanks, Matt.
10:45:19//From Catherine Hansen : @Matt, what are your must-have tools for sourcing, recruiting, reporting, and forecasting?
10:48:47//From Peter Garneau : I think Greenhouse is phenomenal
10:48:50//From Tracey Dimof : What sourcing tools other than LI recruiter do you guys recommend?
10:48:54//From Matthew Liptak : robust ATS, maybe a CRM or Talent pool tool, maybe a sourcing tool…tool for your metrics reporting, maybe automating manual process like reference checking
10:49:30//From Matthew Liptak : Hired.com, hiringsolved, entello
10:49:36//From Matthew Liptak : all good sourcing tools
10:50:15//From Steven Green : For Holly– For WD to be a success, did you work with a particular third-party implementation partner or did you work directly with WD?
10:50:17//From Matthew Liptak : look into AI type tools that draw in and provide market intelligence
10:50:45//From Tracey Dimof : Thanks Tony!
10:50:55//From Holly Strople : We worked directly with WD. Typically they will assign you an implementation specialist when you sign the contract.
10:51:12//From Holly Strople : HRIS was also heavily involved
10:51:45//From Catherine Nichols to All panelists : Who do you use for background checks?
10:51:55//From Tracey Dimof : What AI tools do you all like?
10:52:24//From Steven Green : Thanks Holly.
10:52:32//From Catherine Hansen : Anyone use TopFunnel.ai?
10:52:34//From Matthew Liptak : sterling, hireright for background
10:52:45//From Catherine Hansen : +1 HireRight
10:53:02//From Tracey Dimof : Amazing panelists and conversation, thank you all SO much 🙂
10:53:11//From Holly Strople : Sterling for background checks
10:53:53//From Matthew Liptak : AI tools do a search on google., they change daily and there are a ton out there…I used engage talent but it since was acquired
10:54:07//From Steven Green : Must quickly learn to speak “C-Suite”
10:55:17//From Catherine Hansen : GREAT panel, all. Thank you!
10:55:43//From Yvette Kamperin to All panelists : Great discussion! Thank you all for your insights.
10:55:44//From Steven Green : Excellent discussion. Thanks to all panelists and Sean for serving this up!
10:55:46//From Toni Wells : Thank you for this much needed Info!
10:56:19//From Stacey Richey : Thank you for having me, and all the great questions!
Some of the attendees…
|Name & LinkedIn Profile||Group||Title||Company|
|Saundra Ramsey||Recruiting Atlanta||Talent Acquisition Business Partner hiring all levels of Technology||Wahoo Fitness|
|Toni Wells||Recruiting Atlanta||Talent Acquisition Recruiter||Macy's|
|Dan Baker||Recruiting Atlanta||Senior Corporate Recruiter||Healthstat|
|Johanna Calderon||Recruiting Boston||Recruiting Manager||Community Intervention Services|
|Maria Smithson||Recruiting Chicago||Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist||Faithlife|
|Sarah Schaefer||Recruiting Chicago||Senior Recruiter||Fresenius Kabi USA|
|Kara Goodbrand||Recruiting Chicago||Talent Acquisition Specialist||Legal & General Investment Management America|
|Corinne Shalvoy||Recruiting Denver||Director of Talent||Cologix|
|Nancy Genitempo||Recruiting Houston||Associate, Talent Acquisition Operations||Looking for Work|
|Vira Garcia||Recruiting Houston||Director of Recruiting||vcfo|
|Cindy Wong||Recruiting LA||Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist||Princess Cruises|
|Dang Hua||Recruiting LA||Talent Acquisition Business Partner||Opus Bank|
|Bez Rengifo||Recruiting LA||Sr. Manager / Director, People Services (HR Business Partner department)||Loma Linda University Health Care|
|Kerry Clark||Recruiting LA||Vice-President, Sr. Recruiter||Union Bank|
|Becky Gramenz||Recruiting Minneapolis||Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist||Looking for Work|
|Tracey Andrews||Recruiting Minneapolis||Global Head, Talent Acquisition||Pentair|
|Denise Ward||Recruiting Minneapolis||Technical Recruiter||Wunderlich-Malec Engineering|
|Peter Garneau||Recruiting NYC||Director, Corporate Talent Acquisition + Operations||Mattress Firm|
|Jen Norman||Recruiting Phoenix||Executive Leadership Recruiter||Oracle|
|Tamara Garlett||Recruiting Portland||Senior Recruiter, Global Footwear Product Creation||Nike|
|Tracey Gilbert-Dimof||Recruiting Seattle||Talent Acquisition Manager||Urban Plates|
|Jessica Burgess||Recruiting Seattle||Director, Talent Acquisition||Zones, Inc.|
|Marita Arevalo||Recruiting Seattle||Recruiter||Aegis Living|
|Catherine Hansen||Recruiting SFBA||Senior Manager, Recruiting||Hippo Insurance|
|Yvette Kamperin||Recruiting SFBA||VP, Talent Acquisition||Scout RFP|
|David Baker||TA Leaders||Sr. Director of Growth & Development/Brokerage Services||One Homecare Solutions|
|Jean Sheehan||TA Leaders||Director, Talent Acquisition||ConServe|
|Steven Green||TA Leaders||Vice President | Global Project Lead – Associate Recruiting |Global Human Resources||Looking for Work|
|Lance Boll||TA Leaders||Senior Director of Talent Acquisition||J.B. Poindexter & Co.|
|Nancee Martin||TA Leaders||Managing Director Corporate Recruiting||AvAirPros|
|Jay Barrow||TA Leaders||Head of Talent Acquisition||Southern States Cooperative|
|JoDee Klinker||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Carson Group|