Hiring begins with the candidate experience. What tools or tactics can help recruiters use to keep the whole candidate experience a good one?
Listen in on what our panelists have to say.
This event is part of the “Let’s Talk Recruiting” series where a panel of recruiting practitioners get together online and have a conversation on a variety of topics related to corporate recruiting.
|Name & LinkedIn Profile||Group||Title||Company|
|Andy Edmundson||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Stoel Rives LLP|
|Cathy Barry||Recruiting Chicago||Sr. Talent Acquisition Business Partner||iRhythm Technologies|
|Christine Drelling||Recruiting DCBmore||Global Team Lead - Technical Recruiting||Sitecore|
|Lisa Wrezel||Recruiting Chicago||Talent Acquisition Lead||Centric Consulting|
Looking for automated reference checking?
Be sure to check out our group sponsor.
Some of the attendees…
|Name & LinkedIn Profile||Group||Title||Company|
|Rose Nolen||Election Judge, HR Corporate Recruitment||ManpowerGroup Talent Solutions|
|Dan Baker||Recruiting Atlanta||Senior Corporate Recruiter||Healthstat|
|Patrick Ward||Recruiting Boston||Talent Acquisition Partner||Halloran Consulting Group|
|David Federici||Recruiting Boston||Senior Manager Talent Acquisition||Boston Scientific|
|Maria Smithson||Recruiting Chicago||Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist||Faithlife|
|Claudia Castaneda||Recruiting Chicago||Sr Talent Advisor||U.S. Cellular|
|Sarah Schaefer||Recruiting Chicago||Senior Recruiter||Fresenius Kabi USA|
|Sarah Moore||Recruiting Chicago||Talent Acquisition Recruiter / Partner||NorthShore University HealthSystem|
|Carrie Bell||Recruiting Dallas||Manager, Talent Acquisition||Commercial Metals Company|
|Lindsay Marzett||Recruiting Dallas||Talent Acquisition Analyst||Slalom Consulting|
|Brady Beavers||Recruiting Dallas||Recruiting Manager||Nexius|
|Marcie Dicello||Recruiting DCBmore||Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant||Marsh and McLennan Companies, Inc|
|Brandie DeJean||Recruiting Houston||Talent Acquisition Specialist||Vallourec|
|Vira Garcia||Recruiting Houston||Director of Recruiting||vcfo|
|Katie Lundgaard||Recruiting Houston||Talent Acquisition Manager||Cimarron Software Services|
|Nancy Genitempo||Recruiting Houston||Associate, Talent Acquisition Operations||Looking for Work|
|Mac Mwengi||Recruiting Houston||Sr. Talent Acquisition Advisor||The Friedkin Group|
|Betsy Bernard||Recruiting Houston||Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner||Looking for Work|
|Julie Montgomery||Recruiting Houston||Technical Recruiter||Beyondsoft|
|Russell Coats||Recruiting Houston||Talent Acquisition Lead||Fieldwood Energy LLC|
|Rawson Leavitt||Recruiting LA||Lead Technical Recruiter||TigerConnect|
|Christine Doane||Recruiting LA||Director, TA||On the market|
|Jane Knaus||Recruiting LA||Affinity Fulfillment Leader- Sr. Technical Recruiter||Affinity|
|Cindy Wong||Recruiting LA||Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist||Princess Cruises|
|Jeffery Broussard||Recruiting LA||Senior Technical Recruiter||Redhorse Corporation|
|McKenzie Sutton||Recruiting LA||Talent Acquisition Consultant||Mammoth Distribution|
|Bianca Medici||Recruiting LA||Talent Acquisition Manager||Havas Edge|
|Gillian Diamond||Recruiting LA||Senior Manager Talent Acquisition||Entertainment Partners|
|Lance Hunsicker||Recruiting LA||Executive Recruiter||Parsons Corporation|
|Shannon Brady||Recruiting Minneapolis||Talent Acquisition Specialist||Alarm.com|
|Preslie Deusenbery||Recruiting Minneapolis||Talent Acquisition and Credentialing Manager||Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation|
|Denise Ward||Recruiting Minneapolis||Technical Recruiter||Wunderlich-Malec Engineering|
|Becky Gramenz||Recruiting Minneapolis||Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist||Looking for Work|
|Keith Rutsky||Recruiting NYC||Talent Acquistion||Live Nation Entertainment|
|John Cssr||Recruiting Phoenix||Executive Recruiting and Sourcing||Western Alliance Bank|
|Nancie Meeks||Recruiting Phoenix||Senior Corporate Recruiter||Insight Enterprises, Inc.|
|Diane Redinger||Recruiting Portland||Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition||Altium|
|Cailin Daley||Recruiting Portland||Principal Talent Acquisition Business Partner||Portland General Electric|
|Maya Skolnik||Recruiting Seattle||Senior Manager, Recruiting & Talent||NanoString Technologies|
|Jessica Burgess||Recruiting Seattle||Director, Talent Acquisition||Zones, Inc.|
|Joel Elmer||Recruiting Seattle||Manager, Talent Acquisition||Edwards Lifesciences|
|Nancy Longcoy||Recruiting Seattle||Senior Recruiter||Washington Permanente Medical Group|
|Svitlana Sikora||Recruiting SFBA||SWE Leadership Sourcing Recruiter|
|Athena Hendrix||Recruiting SFBA||Sr. Corporate Recruiter||LiveRamp|
|Audrey Fong||Recruiting SFBA||Talent Acquisition Manager||cPrime|
|Jessica Nbuyen||Recruiting SFBA||Talent Acquisition||Roku|
|Radhika Aggarwal||Recruiting SFBA||Senior Technical Recruiter||Macy's|
|Jisha Nambiar||Recruiting SFBA||Manager||cPrime|
|Darshna Patel||TA Leaders||Senior Manager Talent Acquisition & Employee Relation||American Dental Association|
|Nancee Martin||TA Leaders||Managing Director Corporate Recruiting||AvAirPros|
|Kathy King||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Confluent Health|
|Rita Kelly||TA Leaders||Senior Director of Talent Acquisition||Acelero Learning|
|Delta Stein||TA Leaders||Director, Talent Acquisition||Frontier Technology|
|Kevin Francis||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Lark Technologies|
|Kreisler Ng||TA Leaders||Director, Talent Acquisition & Public Training Practice||cPrime|
|Taylor Friesz||TA Leaders||Corporate Director of Talent Acquisition||Spire Hospitality|
|Khursheed Irani||TA Leaders||Head of Talent Acquisition||cPrime|
|Nick Moore||TA Leaders||Director of Recruiting||sbe Lifestyle Hospitality|
|JoDee Klinker||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Carson Group|
|Bennett Yang||TA Leaders||Director Talent Acquisition||SoundHound|
|Joe Giadone||TA Leaders||Head of Talent Acquisition & Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer Americas||KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc.|
|Renée Ingram||TA Leaders||Director Of Recruiting||Apple Growth Partners|
|Jessica Wall||TA Leaders||Associate Director, Talent Acquisition: Recruitment and Supplier Relationships||SAGE Therapeutics|
|Bix Cruz||TA Leaders||US Head of Recruiting, Airbus Urban Mobility (Vahana, UTM, Voom and Systems)||Airbus|
|Glenn Murani||TA Leaders||Director of Talent Acquisition||Optima Global Solutions|
We asked our attendees, “What do you recommend as a tool or tactic to keep a candidate’s experience a good one at your company?”
Here are their answers:
- 3 day follow up rule. Use surveys to gauge candidate experience.
- Back to basics, don't over think it, be clear with communication, set realistic expectations, follow up, give non-update updates
- Clear timeline outlined at the beginning of the process and then adhere to it.
- Clear, timely communication
- Close the loop, even if they aren't hired. Most candidates appreciate knowing one way or the other.
- Communicate openly and often
- Communicate, communicate, communicate - and make it easier with templates!
- Communication and follow-up
- consistent communication
- Consistent communication - and explain the recruiting process during the first conversation with the candidate.
- Consistent feedback
- Consistent feedback throughout the process & Closing the loop 100% of the time, hired or not.
- Consistently keep them warm each week with an update, even if it's a small one or to let them know you don't have an update.
- Constant communication
- Constant communication and transparency
- Contact through ATS once the candidate is hired (For FTE internal roles)
- Defined communication intervals, honesty & follow up surveys.
- Develop an e-mail drip campaign that helps to maintain engagement. Speak to active candidates once a week
- Employee development and Go365 Wellness tool
- Establish candidate experience standards and a process that everyone follows
- Follow up
- follow up and easy application for the ATS
- Follow ups
- frequent communication
- Frequent communication and honesty
- Frequent touch points throughout the recruiting process leading up to their start date
- Frequent updates and a transparent process
- I like to solicit candidate feedback/suggestions about our TA processes at defined stages: pre-selection/job review/resume ect.
- I'm old school. Just communicate with them at least once or twice a week even if you have no real updates.
- Keep the process moving
- Leveraging calendar for touching base. Using Shared notes with HMs within the REQ on the ATS
- Maintain communication
- Maintain communication throughout the application and recruitment process. Provide feed to candidates that were not selected.
- open communication
- Provide timely updates
- regular communication
- Regular Updates or Check In's
- Responsiveness; open communication with all stakeholders
- Send a gift card for the HM and candidate to get coffee during their first week
- Send out quarterly satisfaction surveys to all interviewed/offered/hired candidates
- Setting expectations up front on the cadence of communication
- Setting proper expectations and follow through.
- stay in touch with the candidate throughout the process and after hire.
- Texting capabilities via ATS to make it easier to stay in touch with candidates
- Update from team on candidate feedback on recruiting process to help
- We have a structured process from application to post interview/hire and involve the hiring managers in the process.
- Weekly (1 or more) check ins with candidates even if you’ve got no update yet
- Weekly touch base, more if a top candidate
- You encourage the candidate to reach out to you anytime; that way, they can always get the updates they want when they want them